Sunday, August 3, 2014

Little thoughts....

So we are down to the final month of summer...and school is going to be starting really soon for a lot of you. The past few days I've had some interesting experiences that have hit me in different ways.

This first experience came to me kind of randomly this week. So I love music...a ton. I have always connected deeply with music and have explored different ways to use music as expression throughout the years. I played piano for a while which got me started in realizing that I could express myself in a musical way. After a while I moved onto the flute where I indulged myself into music and completely fell in love with it but it still wasn't enough for me. So I turned to musical theatre. I delighted in expressing myself in different characters and connecting it to an audience. After a while dance entered my life and I found a whole new way to express myself once again. At first when I started dancing, I danced the emotions that connected to the piece I was dancing but I didn't feel like I was telling people how I honestly felt. I still just felt like a character. So when I finally choreographed a dance, I finally gave myself completely to an audience. That was an amazing feeling for me. After that I found ways to express myself through singing. So, yeah...I've gone through a lot of different kinds of music and it has been my life. The past few days though I have come to a realization of how much music connects to people these days. I have learned through music in my life and this week I had this feeling that I should start reaching out to people through music. I don't really know how or why but it's something that has been on my mind recently...but yeah....

Alright so this week I found my apartment for when I'll be at school. It's quite crazy actually and I can't believe it's all happening so fast! It kind of scares me a little...okay it actually scares me A LOT! And even though I'm going to be close to my family, it still scares me to death. I have counted down the years, months, days, hours, etc. for this day and it's so close I can't believe it. I'm finally growing up...and it's happening all so fast! I still feel like a little girl. I don't feel old enough to be getting an apartment or old enough to be going to college...but I am. I'm scared half to death. I hate big changes. Actually I hate going into things and feeling inadequate and unsure of how to do things, but that's exactly what I'm going to be doing...so it frightens me. And the thing that scares me most? I'll be alone. I don't have a lot of friends that are going to the same college as me and if they are, they aren't going into my major.

However I have hope. I know that I the Lord on my side throughout these next few years. He wants me to succeed and I know He will be there, willing to helping every step of the way, as long as I let Him.

This past summer I have really started to have a new kind of love for my Father in Heaven. I've watched as my testimony has grown in just a few short months. Yes, it's always been growing...but this past month it has pretty much just exploded big time and my testimony has been growing so much in all different aspects of life. I have always seen the Lord in my life but I didn't see it in even the smallest things until recently...whether it be through a smile, or even a text. The Lord really is in my life and I am so glad I have the knowledge I have of the gospel and I know I still have a lifetime of things to learn.

So these are just a few things on my mind lately...I don't really have time to indulge into everything at the moment but I will soon. I have something that has been on my mind that I want to talk about but I only want to talk about that subject when I post it...so there will be another post soon :) But yeah...that's all for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment