Monday, July 23, 2012

Camp...Our Happily Ever After

Oh my crazynessofalife. Camp this year was just amazing! I had so much fun! I learned a lot and I was so happy with the outcome of camp. It was seriously so great! This post is going to be a long one....haha

The first day we had waterfront and me and Sydney are pro at canoeing!

Tuesday we also did our confidence course. We did pretty bad. Haha. We kept just giving up on a lot of them. I think we only completed one of the courses. Haha.
Picture taken by Emily Patterson

Me and Gabby working on one of the courses. It's a wire attached to two tree stumps. We're trying to get to the other side with just holding onto each other.
Picture taken by Emily Patterson

And we fail. Haha. But we made it the furthest!
Picture taken by Emily Patterson

That's Zoe and Katherine falling. I thought it was a fun picture. Haha. There are more from the girls trying but we all failed. Like I said, me and Gabby made it the closest.
Picture taken by Emily Patterson

 Wednesday we had a sunrise hike. This was such a great experience! We actually got up so that we could see the sunrise while hiking and it was amazing! Also all the YCL's all ran ahead of everybody and lined up along the trail (at the hardest part of the hike) and sang a song as the others hiked up it. It was so cool.
Picture taken by Melissa Van Denover

After we reached the top, all the YCL's led the girls in our theme song for this year, "Happily Ever After." Amanda and I played our flutes for it. It turned out pretty good. After that, we ate our breakfast up there. Yummy! Haha :)
Picture taken by Jenny Christensen

Later that night we also did skits. My ward based our skit off of "The Princess and the Pea." Each ward had a fairy tale, and that was ours. I was the prince. Haha :) That's me carrying my "princess" off to get married in the temple! Hahaha.
Picture taken by Emily Patterson

Thursday we had Value Night. It was sooo good and really amazing. It was really cool at the end. My group was the closest to the pavilion, which is where we were all going to meet after all the YCL's talked to each group. Since we were the closest, they had us leave last. As we waited for the other groups to pass, we sang "Come, Come Ye Saints." It looked really cool watching all the girls walk by with their lights shining as we sang. It was such a great experience.

Friday was a great day too. We had our bishopric come up. We did a 3-legged race with each of the wards. My ward didn't win, but we didn't lose and it was a lot of fun!
Picture taken by Melissa Van Denover

After our 3-legged race, we went out canoeing with the bishopric, and did the confidence courses with them too. We cheated on one of the courses...the spider web one. We started out good, but then we kind of gave up and just cheated. Haha. We aren't the best ward...we're known as the rebel ward anyways. Hahaha.

Our bishop on the spider web confidence course
Picture taken by Emily Patterson

While canoeing with our bishopric, they decided to soak us. So we were so soaked. But oh my gosh. It was so much fun! I'm in the middle of the green canoe...getting super wet!
Picture taken by Melissa Van Denover

Haha, we're getting out. I'm sooo wet and cold!
Picture taken by Melissa Van Denover

And after we are all out, we are so wet, and super cold. Like I said though, it was so much fun!!!
Picture taken by Melissa Van Denover

So that night we had our Testimony night, it was really great. I love testimony night. It's one of my favorite parts of camp. It was a lot of fun, and this year was one of my favorite years up at camp. It was so great being a YCL and I had a lot of fun. I'll miss it all though. Getting soaked by the bishop, getting stuck in a HUGE rainstorm, tripping over everything, making a sundial, being a YCL, singing around the lake and so much more. It was a blast! But it's great being home again. I've missed people ;)

Cherry Hill 1st Ward! We are amazing!!!!
(Not sure who took this picture...I think it was Emily Patterson)

Here's a quick summary of camp. Like I keep saying, it seriously was so much fun! Thanks everybody who made it so great! Love you all!


2 comments:

  1. By the way, i porbley shouldn't say this, but, my canoe, was the one the started the water fight sorry lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's okay. I'm fine with it. It turned out to be a lot of fun :D

      Delete