Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Sandra, you receive the 11th letter!

It's my sister Sandra's birthday so I decided today she would receive the letter for today. This is a little different than the other ones I have done. Sandra has Autism, so if she did read this letter, I don't know what she would really think of it. I love her though, and I hope she knows it!


08/03/12
Dearest Sandra,
Oh my! You're 24...INSANE! I can't believe it! I really can't wrap my head around that. Hahaha. Wow, that's just crazy, but it's great! Happy birthday Sandra!
Sandra, I can't believe all you have been through. You have experienced a life I will never completely understand. I don't see things the same as you, I don't feel things the way you do, and I don't learn the same way as you. You are completely unique. You have taught me so much; patience, love, how to be happy, consideration to others, loyalty, what it means to be sincere, forgiveness, how to be open-minded and open-hearted, friendly, and so much more! You are constantly a teacher to me and others in this life. 
You teach us what it truly means not to judge others by looks. I don't know how many times you have had me talk to complete strangers. Or even take pictures of you with random strangers. Haha. You amaze me that you can just go up to somebody, hug them and already love them, yet you hardly know them! It's incredible and I want to be like that.
Sandra, I know you are a gift from God. You reach out to people, you love people, and I have been so blessed to have you as my sister. Like I said, you have taught me so much. Really, I can't believe how much you have taught me. I wouldn't be the same person without you. I don't know who I would be or what I would be like if I didn't have you as a sister.
We have had so many great memories. 16 years of it. I remember when you sat on my head. Hahaha. Yes, that really hurt, but it's actually really funny thinking back to it. Let's see, I remember when you also would sneak out of the house and go to the neighbors...oh wait. You still sometimes do that. Haha.
Then there's always Christmas. I love Christmas because you are home for Christmas Eve, Christmas and mom's birthday and then if the next day just happens to be Sunday, we see you even more!!! It's always been my favorite time of the year with you! I remember one year you tried sneaking past the hall door and I caught you and you told me you could see Santa...even though the door was closed. Haha. It's great that when you come home, you get to stay with me in my room! I love it! Hahaha. I love that you will wake up at like 3 or even earlier and I am the first one you try to wake up. Calling me darling, girl, sister, etc. I love it, even though it's always early in the morning. 
With you, seriously all the little things you do, I just love! Words cannot describe how much you mean to me and how much I love and care for you! You are just so amazing!!! I love when you laugh, smile, run away from me (haha), just everything! I love you sooooo much!!!
Sandra, thank you for teaching me so much and for loving me the way you do. Thank you for being such a great example. You have no idea how much you mean to me. I know you have been blessed. I know Dad watches over you and I know you are protected. You are a shining star. You are so incredible! Thank you for sharing your light with me for the past 16 years. You have such strength! Thank you for everything. I love you Sandra! You are astounding! Love you more than all the stars in the sky! 


Eternally your sister,
Alissa A'Lynn Lopez 

2 comments: