Monday, August 6, 2012

Nadya's and Grandma Hamilton's letters

Sorry, I didn't get to putting up yesterday's letter. Here are the next two letters! The first one is to Nadya, who will be moving. She's a girl in my ward who is awesome! The other one is for my Grandma! :D

08/05/12
Dear Nadya,
Oh my gosh! I'm going to miss you sooo much! You are one of my favorites and I love having you in young women's. We have gotten pretty close this year, especially because of camp, and now you're leaving! :/ I think of ya as a sister to me. I seriously will miss you. You are such a great gal and so fun to be around!
We've had soooo much fun this year. Seriously! Young women's, wow...I love having you there. You make it that much more fun. It will definitely be different without you there. I was so happy you came to camp! I loved getting to know you even more up there. You just have such spunk and you're such a special girl. You just light up the room with your laughter and your sweet spirit!
Hahaha. The best memory I have with you was camp during our skit. My favorite part of the skit was when you and I ran onto the stage to be reunited after "my mission" and we could finally get married. Bahahaha that was just hilarious! I'm going to miss having you around!
Really Nadya, you don't know how much I think of you as my sister. I know God has a plan for you. Please, remember Him. He will always be there for you and will never forget you. When you feel hurt, He can help lift the pain away. When you feel like you can't forgive, trust me, He can help. I know for a fact He will. I had to go through HUGE forgiveness thing just this summer, and I could not have done it without God's help. He will guide you and always love you.
I know He is watching over you. I know things may seem hard at times, but everything has a reason. This life has purpose. You have purpose. Don't ever forget it. If you ever need help, and you can't seem to find any through friends or family, He will help you! He will guide you. You just have to ask for His help. Don't forget who you are, Nadya! You are a daughter of God, a princess in training. Embrace it! You have such strength and such a glow! Use it wisely. You really do have purpose!
Nadya, I love ya! You really are just a great friend, and sister. I have loved getting to know about you personally and hearing all about your trials and hearing your testimony. We really have gotten pretty close and I'm really going to miss you! You have to keep in touch because I want to hear all about your adventures! I promise I will be here if you ever feel like you need some advice. I'll still give it to you! I hope you the best and that you may always remember who you are. I can't wait to see you again! I hope you have a great time. Keep in touch girl! Our memories are not yet through! We have years left where we can keep these memories growing! Love ya girly. Don't forget yourself and always be true. I'll miss ya!

Your older sis,
Alissa Lopez 

08/06/12
Dear Grandma,
You are such an amazing grandma! I love you sooo much! Thank you for always being there for me. My favorite memory of you is when I was having a hard time, I wrote to you about everything and you wrote back with such great advice. You helped me with what I was going through, and you helped me to see that I was wanted and that I did have purpose in this life. You helped me with the whole thing about me feeling upset about my dad. Thank you for that because you don't now how much that helped me out. Even though I received that letter years ago, I still cherish it and I always will.
Grandma, I have always loved your visits. We can have some pretty good times. I think my favorite, or at least one I can remember the most (and we still mention it in our house), was when the back of one of our chairs popped off and you had said, "I thought I'd been shot!" Hahaha. I don't know if you remember that, but we all do. We like to use that phrase. Haha.
I loved when we would go to New York to see you and all the family up there. It was always my favorite and I always looked forward to it. I love it up there and I do want to go back again sometime. I love the air in the morning with the fog. And it's so pretty up there. I love Donnelly's too, of course! Hahaha.
Grandma I love all your birthday cards! :D I love how you can just pick out the perfect birthday card! It's just incredible! I just thought I would let you know. Really, I do love all your birthday cards :D
You have seen me grow up and I hope that as I keep growing up, I will be able to grow up like you! You have such strength and a love for so many things and for so many people. You amaze me and I love you! I have been blessed to be a part of your family! I am so grateful that I have you as my grandma. You are such an amazing example. I love you so much!
We really have had a lot of good times together. I remember one time when you were visiting and you were writing in your journal. I camp up to you, asking what you were doing. You explained that you write in your journal everyday and I left and went to write in mine because of your example. I do admit, I don't always write in my journal, but I do know that while you were visiting at that time, I wrote in it everyday :)
Thank you so much for always being there. Thank you for being such a great example to me. Thank you for all the stories you have shared. I love your stories! Thank you for supporting me. Thank you so much for being a HUGE part in my life. Thanks for teaching me and guiding me. It's people like you who have made me better than I was. Thank you so much for everything! I love you soooo much! You are so loved! Thank you once again for everything, and I really do love you!

Forever your grand-daughter,
Alissa A'Lynn Lopez 

No comments:

Post a Comment