Monday, August 13, 2012

Today I wrote my letter to my Grandpa :)



08/13/12
Dear Grandpa,
Hey Grandpa! I wanted to start out by telling you that I love you and that I really miss you! I wish you could have come up and visited this year, but it's okay. Grandpa, I don't think I have ever told you how important you are in my life. You are my father's dad. My dad is a HUGE part in my life, and you are too. I always imagine that if my dad was still alive I would be a daddy's girl. Maybe I only think that because I didn't grow up with a father, but I do think I would have been. I wish, more than anything, that I could have known him longer. I couldn't be happier to have him, of all people, as my father.
I'm so glad to have you as my grandpa. I have been absolutely blessed to have you in my life. I do miss you a lot and hope to one day visit you and grandma out there. It's one of my dreams. I miss Texas, and Texas is also a big part of me ♥
You are sooooo great Grandpa! I love ya to death! I love when you and Grandma come out to visit, it's my favorite time of the year! It's like the one time of the year we actually eat chicken. Hahaha. Plus, we get to spend so much time with you and Grandma! I love going to the Cracker Barrel, going swimming, even going to Chuck E. Cheese, because we get to spend time with you and Grandma! I love it!
My favorite memory of you, well I have two memories. The first one is when you first came out to visit. Haha I remember that day. I was outside and I saw a car pull up. Naturally, being so young, I tried to see who it was inside the car. You looked familiar, but I didn't know who you were. Then it hit me! I realized who you were and ran into the house to tell my mom that you and grandma were here. Crazy day! Haha.
The second memory was another year when you came up. We were outside just doing whatever. The ice cream truck came around, but it didn't come down my street. Me and my sisters, we told you about how they never come down our street. Well you went and got the ice cream truck and brought it down to our street, right in front of our house and then bought us some ice cream. I loved it! I thought (and still do think) that it was so cool that my grandpa went to get the ice cream truck just for us :)
There are sooo many more memories I have that I just love! I can't believe how lucky I was to have you as my grandpa. I love you so much, grandpa. I always have, and I always will. You will forever be a big part of my life. You are so important to me, I hope you know that. Nothing can change that! Nothing ever will. There will only be one Grandpa Lopez in my life, and there is no way you could ever be replaced.
Just like my father, nobody can take your place. I love you both so much. You and my father mean a lot to me. I love you and I love grandma too! I couldn't be happier to have such great grandparents. I feel like the luckiest girl to have you as my grandpa! There is nobody else I would want as my grandpa! I love you and miss you soooooo much! I want you to know, grandpa, you have been an amazing grandparent. You have been like the closest thing of a father-figure in my life. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you. I will never forget you! How could I? There is no way that I could ever be able to forget you, and I never want to!
I don't ever want to forget the time you came out here that first year. I don't want to forget your smile. I don't want to forget the times we played basketball in the backyard. Or the times we splashed each other while swimming. I never want to forget you. You and grandma, you both mean so much to me. You are the parents of my own dad. I never want to forget you both. You both mean so much to me! Part of me will always be with you! I will always be a Lopez, I will always be my daddy's little girl. I will always be your little granddaughter, in this life...and the next. I love you so much grandpa. Please don't forget how much you mean to me. Don't forget me. I love you. Thank you for everything. You will forever be a part of my life. Remember that. I love you so much. Thank you for the great memories. Thank you for being the best grandpa I could ask for. I love you so much!!!

Your little granddaughter,
Alissa A'Lynn Lopez ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment